Eating healthy can be a serious challenge for most of us. When it comes to all the preparation and planning, it can become overwhelming and exhausting, a lot of the time leading us to just give up. Well, to make things somewhat easier (and more delicious), we have a tasty and super easy recipe for a great, healthy, and versatile snack: roasted chickpeas. Chickpeas are an extremely healthy food: they have plenty of protein and iron as well as vitamin A! So next time you feel like having a salty and crunchy snack, instead of reaching for a bag of potato chips or Doritos, opt for these instead. You can make them in bulk and store them for several days at a time. They’re also a great topping for a salad to add a bit of extra crunch and flavor! Believe us when we say these are absolutely delicious and are the perfect snack to make for any day. Read on to find out how to make this yummy snack. Once you try them, you won’t even miss potato chips anymore!
What Do I Need?
This part is easy. All you need is:
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil – divided.
- 1 tsp chili powder.
- 1 tsp sweet paprika.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Salt to taste.
How Do I Make Them?
- Put all the drained chickpeas in between two paper towels on a rimmed baking sheet. Let them dry for 30 minutes or so.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss the chickpeas, spices, and olive oil. Mix to coat all the chickpeas evenly.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread out the chickpeas in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until they get golden-brown and crisp.
- Let them cool a bit, and enjoy!