It’s the start of the new year and who even fries their eggs anymore? Frying was so 2008 and there’s so many trendier, cooler, healthier and insta-worthy ways to serve eggs now. Frying actually now seems a little basic. So if like us, you’re really in to poached eggs, there’s really nothing like that yolky feeling. You know, the feeling when you pierce the yolk and gaze in pure awe, as the yellowy-goodness rushes out slowly and oozes onto your plate. It’s actually perfection personified. You can also take your pick of insta-worthy poached varieties, from egg benedicts or the Middle-eastern tomato-based dish ‘Shakshuka’ or even poached eggs in avocado.
But just when you thought you were ahead of the egg game, Instagram shook things up for 2019 with the latest trendy brunch egg craze, ‘Cloudy Eggs’. Confused? So were we! But we’re hear to tell you everything you need to know about cooking the perfect insta-worthy cloudy eggs. These eggs are deliciously extra, and the perfect way to wow your guests at your next brunch. They also make the perfect pinterest-worthy brunch photo too!
- 4 eggs
- Pinch salt/ pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated cheese (Parmesan or whichever you prefer)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh chives/ herbs
- Simply Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Crack your eggs and separate the egg whites and the yolk (it’s easier to separate eggs if they are cold)
- Then place the egg whites into a large bowl, and place each yolk into a little ramekin or small bowl.
- Using electric mixer, or a whisk, you just have to beat the eggs whites and salt/pepper until stiff peaks form.
- You can then fold in the cheese and herbs to taste.
- Take a lined baking sheet and spoon the egg white mixture into 4 mounds on the parchment paper.
- Make deep well in center of each egg white mound.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Then place each egg yolk in each well.
- Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes or until yolks are cooked to your desired yumminess.
- While your cloudy eggs are baking, you can toast a a slice of brown bread, a halved muffin or a delicious bagel if desired.
- Then spoon your cloudy eggs onto the toast or onto the plate, and voila, cloudy eggs!
- You can also choose what you want to accompany or garnish your eggs, from grilled veggies to a small salad, salsa, dips or guacamole, the possibilities are endless
So when if you’re looking for the perfect brunch dish for next weekend, then these clouds eggs really have the x-factor and are a sure-fire way to impress everyone with your newfound talents!