Pizza! Who doesn’t love it? It has to be one of the best comfort foods in existence, but if you eat regular pizza you might not feel great after a few pieces. Typical pizza is loaded with fattening cheese, sugary sauce, carbs, and meat that isn’t great for you. Still, do you want pizza? No problem! We have a much better way to enjoy pizza in a healthy way. We have a new recipe that lets you cut out most of the carbs by replacing the crust with eggplant. You can make this pizza at home, including your favorite toppings, and enjoy it! What else? It is great for those with dietary restrictions.
– 1 Medium Eggplant, cut into round pieces
– 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 Cup Shredded Pizza Cheese (you can use vegan cheese if you chose)
– 2 TSP Italian Seasoning
– 1 Cup Mariana Sauce (low-sodium options are available)
– Salt & Pepper ro raste
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Place the sliced eggplant on a baking sheet. Top each piece with oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Place 1 spoonful of marinara sauce on top of each piece of eggplant. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
6. Remove from the oven, and let cool.
Low FODMAP – Yes
Gluten Free – Yes
Grain Free- Yes
Dairy Free – Optional (If you use vegan cheese)
Paleo – No
SCD – No